South Coast Air Quality Management District’s Technology Advancement Program uses cooperative partnerships with private industry, academic and research institutions, technology developers, and government agencies to co-sponsor projects intended to demonstrate the successful use of clean fuels and technologies that lower or eliminate emissions.
Types of projects funded:
- Development and demonstration of less-polluting automobiles, buses, trucks, construction equipment, boats, locomotives and other off-road vehicles
- Advancements in engine design, improved batteries, fuel
- Improved power trains for electric vehicles
- Projects involved in adapting or designing vehicles to run on clean fuels (such as natural gas, propane, methanol and hydrogen)
- Lower emission school bus funding
For more information, go here.