WIRED has published a special series of articles and videos on autonomous vehicles and other types of automation that are changing the future of work, with dramatic implications for workforce development and also opportunities for industry and related jobs. The L.A. region is already one of the leading centers in the world for design and engineering of advanced transportation, with a rapidly evolving industry cluster with career opportunities to our residents. Regardless of what region develops these technologies, it is clear they are coming, and we will collectively need to develop transition strategies to mitigate the negative impact on people who hold driving jobs and other jobs in the economy that are facing automation. Click here to read the WIRED content.
Other Recent News
- LAEDC welcomes Lilly Rocha and Gene Hale to our Executive Committee August 3, 2020
- SUPPORT: Assembly Bill AB 326, Electric Vehicle Manufacturers July 27, 2020
- Recap: Future Forum, the Future of Sports in Los Angeles, and impact on jobs, equity July 22, 2020
- SFV Business Journal recognizes LAEDC past and present leadership July 22, 2020
- LA’s ocean economy explored in two Altasea webinars July 21, 2020
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment covid-19 Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment Go Biz incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California strong workforce Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles