WIRED has published a special series of articles and videos on autonomous vehicles and other types of automation that are changing the future of work, with dramatic implications for workforce development and also opportunities for industry and related jobs. The L.A. region is already one of the leading centers in the world for design and engineering of advanced transportation, with a rapidly evolving industry cluster with career opportunities to our residents. Regardless of what region develops these technologies, it is clear they are coming, and we will collectively need to develop transition strategies to mitigate the negative impact on people who hold driving jobs and other jobs in the economy that are facing automation. Click here to read the WIRED content.
Other Recent News
- LAEDC Member Spotlight: Maria Luisa Camacho, Los Angeles Rams October 24, 2021
- Governor Newsom signs bills advance equitable broadband internet services October 8, 2021
- The Future of Transportation: Revolutionizing the EV Industry October 1, 2021
- LAEDC Announces Retirement of CFO Susan Stel after 16 years September 30, 2021
- LAEDC Announces Finalists for Most Business-Friendly City September 29, 2021
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation biofuel bioscience Business California Center for a Competitive Workforce China cleantech opportunity Cost Containment covid-19 Digital Media economic Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment Go Biz grant incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LAEDC loans Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing resource Southern California Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles