After buying Pasadena-based Strobe, General Motors announces 2019 production of self-driving vehicles. This is more evidence of the competitive advantage LA’s advanced transportation industry is creating, as technology subsystems become increasingly important to vehicle design, which is creating jobs in LA County. Strobe is one of many such LA-based companies developing new transportation technologies.
Other Recent News
- Urgent read – Business recovery resources and capital – PPP is back, and more! January 15, 2021
- Tell a friend: LAEDC hiring for economist, business assistance, policy roles January 7, 2021
- Business recovery webinars from LAEDC support small business January 5, 2021
- Playa Las Tunas restaurant, one of many businesses receiving LAEDC assistance December 28, 2020
- CA Relief Grants available for small business: next round starts Feb 2 December 23, 2020
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment covid-19 Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment Go Biz incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California strong workforce Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles