The Foreclosure Prevention & Mortgage Relief Program has been developed in partnership with the LA County Board of Supervisors, NHS Center for Economic Recovery and the Department of Consumer & Business Affairs. This program will provide foreclosure counseling and mortgage relief to L.A. County property owners. If the property owner has experienced financial distress between March 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021 as a result of COVID-19 and the property is located in a community highly impacted by COVID-19, they should consider applying for mortgage relief. Approved applicants can receive up to $20,000 to help offset mortgage delinquencies.
Applications will be accepted beginning April 12, 2021.
- Residents of LA County
- Residents of LA City are ineligible
- Property must be owner occupied
- Up to 80% Area Median Income for 1-unit property owners
- Up to 150% Area Median Income for 2-4 units property owners
- Counseling with HUD-approved counselor from partner agency required
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit here for application and more information.