The Santa Monica Small Business Recovery Grant Program is funded by the City of Santa Monica, the Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce Foundation and community donors in order to provide economic assistance to small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The Local Initiatives Support Corporation (“LISC”) will be administering the Santa Monica Grant. Financial assistance will be allocated to eligible, qualified small businesses with final award recommendations based on availability of funds, program guidelines, and the submission of all required information and supporting documentation. Grant funds may be used towards eligible activities, listed below, associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Santa Monica Small Business Recovery Grant Program will provide one-time funding of $5,000 to brick-and-mortar small businesses located in the City of Santa Monica with gross sales under $2,000,000 based off of 2019 or 2020 Federal Tax Returns.
June 30, 2021
The eligibility requirements for the Santa Monica Small Business Recovery Grant Program are as follows:
- Must have experienced financial hardship as a result of COVID-19. These impacts must be documented, quantifiable, and clearly related to COVID-19.
- Must be existing Santa Monica brick and mortar small business (including, but not limited to: business services, print shops, equipment rentals, custodial services, retail stores, hospitality and restaurants, gyms, fitness centers, personal services, hair salons, nail salons, barber shops, etc.)
- Note: Home-based businesses and non-profit entities are not eligible for this grant.
- Must be open and operating business
- Annual revenue under $2,000,000.
- Must have been in existence since September 4, 2019.
for more information and application.