Creative Design industries in L.A. County are remarkably diverse and include areas such as: apparel design, textile, footwear, jewelry and leather goods industries including handbags, as well as furniture, toys, beauty products, and more.
L.A. County is considered the high-end denim capital of the world, and enjoys national leadership in Apparel, Leather (and related products), Textile and Fabric Finishing, Furniture, Beauty/Makeup & Skincare.
Key Facts About LA County’s Creative Design Industries
- LA County’s Fashion Industry:
- Nationally, we rank #1 in Apparel overall (including sectors of the industry such as women’s clothing, apparel contractors, accessories and specialty apparel
- Nationally, we rank #1 in Leather and Related Products (including sectors of the industry such as personal leather goods and luggage and women’s handbags and purses).
- Nationally, we rank #2 in textile manufacturing overall and #1 in the textile and fabric finishing sector.
- LA County also ranks #1 in the Wholesale of Apparel and Accessories and #1 in Wholesale of Furniture and Home Furnishings . We are also ranked highly in the Wholesale of Jewelry, Watches, Precious Stones, and Precious Metals (#2 in the nation). Source: clustermapping.us.
- LA County is ranked #1 in the nation in the Furniture industry.
- LA County is also the national leader in the beauty, makeup, and skincare products (part of the toilet preparation manufacturing industry) .
- Top fashion brands with a local corporate presence in LA County include Forever 21, Karen Kane, BCBG, Guess, True Religion, Lucky Brand, Joes Jeans, Hudson, Trina Turk, and more.
- LA County is also home to top fashion education programs, such as Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and the Otis College of Art & Design.